Резултати от 1 до 2 от общо 2

Valve/Ati/NVidia

Сподели във Facebook Сподели в Twitter Изпрати на Email Сподели в LinkedIn
  1. Senior Member
    Тук е от
    Dec 2003

Valve/Ati/NVidia

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" id="quote"><b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"></font id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"><font size="1" id="quote">Oh, it's pretty sad really.

Basically, some guys on Guru3d figured out what Valve did to cripple nVidia cards.

First off, you need 3dAnalyze. I'm assuming everyone knows that you can force HL2 to run in DX9 mode on FX cards, right? Only, you get artifacts in the water and other areas?

Well, that's pretty easy to fix. Just have the 3dAnalyze util report your card as an ATI Radeon instead of a GeForce FX.

*taddah* All the artifacts go away, and you get true DX9 reflections!

Okay, but there IS a performance hit doing that. How to get around that?

Well, the funny thing is that Valve coded Half-Life 2 to use FP24 shaders all the time every time. And it's really not needed. Nope. In fact, FP16 seems to do the trick all the time - as seen in that above pic. FP16 and FP24 are indistinguishable in Half-Life 2.

Again, using 3dAnalyze you can test this. It is capable of forcing a card to use only FP16 shaders no matter what is requested. You'll see no image quality difference doing that - just a HUGE performance boost. Why? Well, because while FP16 is all that Half-Life 2 *needs*, if they let the GeForce FX cards do THAT, they might have been competitive! So, instead, they forced FP24 (unneeded), which caused the GF-FX cards to render the DX9 mode in FP32 all the time. With the obvious associated performance hit.

Try it yourself. The link to the article is here. Download 3dAnalyze, and follow these instructions:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presi

Open it and follow the numbers:

1. select HL2.exe file in half-life 2 folder

2. select any file inside the folder half-life 2\bin

3. select Steam.exe

than check these options:

- Under the section Pixel and Vertex Shader: FORCE LOW PRECISION PIXEL SHADER

- Under the section Remove stuttering: PERFORMANCE MODE

- on the bottom left: FORCE HOOK.DLL

If you haven't change the file dxsupport.cfg with the method described in the beginnig of this thread, you can obtain the same result typing in the section DIRECTX DEVICE ID'S the ATI Vendor and Device ID, there are just two device though.

In the end 3D ANALYZE gives me an error, CREATEPROCESS FAILED, I launch HL2 anyway, the water looked awesome, awesome detail and I noticed a boost in performance too. I think around 20/30% which allowed me to play the WATER HAZARD level with this setting: 1024x768 everything max, water relection to ALL, 2xAA, 4xAnisotropic with a range of fps of 40 and >150.

Amazing, huh?

</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"><font size="2" id="quote"></font id="quote">

източник: http://hardwarebg.com/forum/showthre...418#post457418

Имаше една тема по въпроса за нвидиа и валве. Но чудно защо е зачезнала някъде. Ако някой с права я открие може да мръдне това към нея.

3. Senior Member
    Тук е от
    Aug 2003

Valve/Ati/NVidia

Темата не е зачезнала: http://setcom.bg/news/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17990

И подозрението на FearMe, че Valve пре***ват nVidia се потвърждава. Много любопитно: хем се грижат да ми върви бързичко и не ми позволяват да си пусна DX9, хем като го пусна пък ми изпържват чиповете с FP32-шейдърите. Да не забравяме и трика с използването на .45 версията на драйверите вместо .50 за първите (цитирани от DeepBlue) тестове. Бе гнусна работа... Е па нема да си я купя тая игра [}]

Сподели във Facebook Сподели в Google Plus Сподели в Twitter Изпрати на Email Сподели в LinkedIn

Подобни теми

1. Отговори: 8
    Последно: 12-09-13, 01:55
  2. Nvidia 8400GT vs Nvidia Quadro fx1400
    От DENITO във форум Аудио и Видеокарти
    Отговори: 2
    Последно: 05-03-12, 22:00
  3. Quote: "NVIDIA AGP 8X GPUs..." www.nvidia.com
    От FearMe във форум Аудио и Видеокарти
    Отговори: 13
    Последно: 11-10-02, 16:53
  4. ati ili nvidia
    От cuci във форум Аудио и Видеокарти
    Отговори: 36
    Последно: 24-04-02, 01:09
  5. NVIDIA 23.XX..27.XX
    От DPetrov във форум Аудио и Видеокарти
    Отговори: 4
    Последно: 28-02-02, 10:25

SetCombG.com
SetCombG.com е портален сайт и Форум за битова техника, телевизори, климатици, лаптопи и смартфони, създаден през 1999 година.
Заедно сме над 20 години!
Следвай ни
Горе